Enjoy these Georgia-grown gift ideas for everyone on your list! For more Georgia-made gift ideas, click here.
- For the animal lover – Adopt a sea turtle: For only $50, you can adopt a patient at the Georgia Sea Turtle Center and follow their journey from hospital to sea. The donation helps offset operating costs such as medication and food for in-house patients as well as sea turtle research. Click here to begin the adoption process.
- For the adventurer – A gift certificate to Lookout Mountain Hang Gliding: Lookout Mountain Hang Gliding in Rising Fawn, Ga., is the largest and most popular hang gliding resort and school in the United States. Your friends will love taking in the view of Lookout Mountain from 2,000 feet above!
- For the collector – Coca-Cola Merchandise: Choose from an array of decorative items, apparel, accessories and one-of-a-kind art pieces bearing the logo of Atlanta’s favorite fizzy drink when you visit the gift store at the World of Coca-Cola in Atlanta.
- For the amateur brewer – Tour of Eagle Creek Brewing Company: For only $10, your friend can get a souvenir pint glass, six complimentary 5-ounce tastings and a tour of Statesboro’s newest craft brewery. Tour hours are Thursday – Saturday, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- For the artistic friend – Gourd pottery: Priscilla Wilson began experimenting with gourds and selling her wares at craft fairs in 1976. Today, she has a shop called The Gourd Place that is filled with unique gourd artwork, including dinner plates, luminaries, platters and more. Stop by her store in in Sautee-Nacoochee, Ga., or shop online here.
- For your “peachiest” pal – Peach products: Lane Southern Orchards in Fort Valley has been dedicated to planting, growing and harvesting the best-tasting peaches and pecans in Georgia since 1908. Stop by their market or shop online for their famous peach bites, peach bread, peach salsa and peach cobbler mix!
- For the coffee lover – Cafe Campesino Coffee: Cafe Campesino is a 100% Fair Trade, organic coffee company based in Americus, Ga. Your caffeine-loving friends will love the taste and smell of such beloved brews as the Nicaragua Medium Roast Coffee and the Sumatra Viennese Roast Coffee. Visit Cafe Campesino in Americus, where there is a coffeehouse adjacent to the roastery, or inside Atlanta’s historic Sweet Auburn Curb Market.
- For the outdoorsman – A Flat Creek Lodge getaway: Do you have an avid fisherman or huntsman in your family? Give them the gift of nature this Christmas when you send them to Flat Creek Lodge for a weekend of hunting and fishing in the heart of Swainsboro, Ga.
- For the foodie – Georgia Olive Farms Olive Oil: In early 2009, five farmers in Southeast Georgia gathered with the dream of resurrecting olive oil production in the state and the Southeastern United States. In 2011, Georgia Olive Farms harvested the first commercial crop of olives grown east of the Mississippi from their orchards near Lakeland, Ga. Buy your foodie friend a bottle of this Georgia-grown gem here.
Lauren Cleland is the voice of Explore Georgia on social media. She loves ice cold sweet tea, anything peach flavored, channeling Scarlett O’Hara in her daily life and sharing the wonders of her beloved Georgia with all of you!