The Savannah Food & Wine Festival showcases restaurants, pubs, chefs, mixologists and the foods that make Savannah a true culinary mecca. With must-experience events like the World’s Largest Low Country Boil, Secret Speakeasy, Wine Tastings and Artisanal Dinners, this year’s festival promises to offer a tasty treat for everyone.
1. World’s Largest Lowcountry Boil, Nov. 7. Turn in your ticket, and you’re going to get a big plate of shrimp, sausage, potatoes, corn, Vidalia onions and garlic seasoned with Georgia-grown ingredients. The entire family can enjoy a heaping plate of Lowcountry Boil along with an “All You Can Eat Side Fixin’s Bar.” Shrimp eating contests and more provide plenty of fun for all!
2. Secret Savannah Speakeasy, Nov. 12. This event will take place in a secret location at the Georgia State Railroad Museum, and you must have a “Golden Ticket” to find out where. Once inside, sip hand-crafted cocktails and craft brews while enjoying a wide array of music and entertainment, reminiscent of Savannah’s prohibition heydays. Wear your best prohibition-era attire for a chance to win some great prizes!
3. Artisanal Supper at The Landings, Nov. 13. In this luxurious setting, you will get the VIP treatment while rubbing elbows with the artists behind the art of culinary. Here you’ll meet James Beard Foundation award-winning and nominated chefs, Master Sommeliers, winemakers, regional and nationally recognized talent – all while enjoying expertly prepared Southern dishes washed down with perfectly paired wines and cocktails.
4. Master Class Series at the Mansion, Nov. 9-13. With several seminars spread over several festival days, you are bound to find a class that tickles your fancy. At the Mansion at Forsyth Park, let celebrity chefs, wine, spirits and beer experts that put this festival on the map guide you on a culinary journey into the 700 Cooking School or Wine Cellar tasting room. Here you will learn culinary techniques through smell, taste and touch.
5. Bartender’s Challenge, Nov. 14. Back by popular demand, this is a staple at Taste of Savannah. Watch as your favorite bartenders compete in creating the most innovative and tasty cocktails of the year. This challenge will prove just who is the “Best of the Best.” Admission is only $10 at each competition round and comes with a free drink. The finals will take place during Taste of Savannah on November 14.
Jennifer is Georgia’s official Culinary Explorer and the author of “Your Resident Gourmet,” full of innovative recipes, cooking trends and fun kitchen gadgets. See her at the Savannah Food & Wine Festival Nov. 13, when she will host a Master Class Series and sign books at the Artisanal Supper. Click here for more content from Jennifer.